The Shine ‘Taking Control’ Workshop is a gentle one-day workshop which explores practical ways to face life challenges, whilst maintaining and taking control of your physical and mental wellbeing. The course offers a safe place for people to reassess where they are and where they want to be.
The aims of the Taking Control Workshop are;
• To build resilience in the face of life challenges and setbacks.
• To enhance coping skills.
• To build and support self esteem and confidence.
The programme is about supporting people to draw on the knowledge and skills they already possess to enable them to make it through tough times.
The workshop is split into four modules; Self Esteem and Positivity, My Coping Skills, Signposts and My Support Systems and Being Resilient – Taking Control.
After participating in the course, people will;
· Be aware of positive factors in their lives.
• Recognise the physical, mental and emotional effect of stressors.
• Have action plans to safe guard against these stressors.
• Be aware of opportunities and avenues open to them.
• Know professional supports available to them.
• Have set goals and have created an action plan around these.
The next Taking Control Workshop takes place on Thursday, January 30th 2020, 10am to 4pm, Oak Conference room, Ground Floor, Primary Health Care, Mallow, Co Cork.
Contact: Emily Daly Shine Information and Support Officer 086-8525755 firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the poster here