Role Title: Mental Health Recovery Educator
Reporting to: Shine Regional Team Leader or nominated local Shine team member
Hourly Rate: €23/hour
Contract type: Independent Contractor for one year fixed and a minimum of 1 course per year (Course is delivered over 4 hours per week over 8 weeks).
Location: South Dublin, Wicklow, Kildare, Carlow, Kilkenny, Waterford, South Tipperary, Laois, Offaly, Longford and Westmeath.
Purpose of role:
- We are seeking to recruit peer recovery educators to deliver our programmes in the locations above.
- We are looking for people who are passionate about mental health recovery, peer education and have lived/living experience of mental illness and recovery.
- Promote and deliver the aims and objectives of Shine in accordance with strategic and operational plans.
- Foster the Shine ethos and values.
- Co-facilitate Shine recovery education groups in mental health settings, the community and/or online with people who lived and living experience of mental illness/mental health difficulties.
Training will be provided through online modules and in person. In-person training will take place on Saturday/s in August, dates to be confirmed.
Informal queries can be directed via email to our Information and Support Officer – Training and Co-Production, Jason Dowling, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Read or download the Full job description and person specification for more information.
Application is by official Shine Application form ONLY. CV’s will not be accepted.
Send your completed Application Form in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com. In the subject field, please enter Mental Health Recovery Educator.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 28th June 2023, 12pm (noon).
Successful applicants will be invited to an informal interview via Zoom in July.
Conditions of Appointment: All offers of posts are subject to Garda Vetting approval and completion of HSELand Children First E-learning and Vulnerable Adult programmes prior to commencement of employment.
Shine is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment.