The purpose of the Shine Recovery Fund is to facilitate a person with self experience of mental ill health to achieve some aim, which may be an educational, recreational or social activity and which may require a small amount of money to help him/ her achieve this purpose.
Applications must be for a recognised project where there is a clear need and benefit from undertaking it. Examples of projects, which might be supported include:
● part payment or full payment of educational or training course fees.
● contribution towards the development of a creative or artistic project.
● contribution towards participation in a recreational activity.
● contribution towards the purchase of an item which may assist the person in a creative, educational or work activity (excluding the purchase of the following items: mobile phone, games consoles, holidays)
● contribution to a project which enhances the person’s employment, self-esteem or presence in the community.
Conditions of application:
- Applications will only be accepted on behalf of individuals who are Shine members or attend any of Shine’s groups or use our services.
- Applications will only be accepted from the individual seeking and benefiting from the funding applied for. We do not accept applications from organisations or mental health professionals on behalf of individuals.
- The maximum amount that can be applied for is €500.
- Application forms must be typed if possible or if not, writing should be legible in block capital letters.
Application form link
Your privacy is important to us and we encourage you to read this statement. It outlines your rights under the current Data Protection Regulation. Link