What is the Shine Recovery Fund?
The purpose of the Shine Recovery Fund is to facilitate a person with self experience of mental health difficulties to achieve some aim, which may be an educational, recreational or social activity and which may require a small amount of money to help him/ her achieve this purpose.
Applications must be for a recognised project where there is a clear need and benefit from undertaking it. Examples of projects, which might be supported include:
- part payment or full payment of educational or training course fees.
- contribution towards the development of a creative or artistic project.
- contribution towards participation in a recreational activity.
- contribution towards the purchase of an item which may assist the person in a creative, educational or work activity (excluding the purchase of the following items: mobile phone, games consoles, holidays)
- contribution to a project which enhances the person’s employment, self-esteem or presence in the community.
Conditions of application:
- Applications will only be accepted on behalf of individuals who are Shine members or attend any of Shine’s groups or use our services. Applicants should provide the name of Shine staff member in application form who can confirm that they are familiar with the applicant.
- Applications will only be accepted from the individual seeking and benefiting from the funding applied for. We do not accept applications from organisations or mental health professionals on behalf of individuals.
- The maximum amount that can be applied for is €500.
- Application forms must be typed if possible or if not, writing should be legible in block capital letters
- Applications must be accompanied by a quote/ full details of the funding being requested.
- Individuals who received funding in 2020 cannot apply for funding in 2021.
- Shine receives a lot of applications for the Recovery Fund and have limited funding, so this is to ensure fairness and that as many people as possible can benefit from funding each year.
If you wish to apply for the Shine Recovery Fund, please fill out the Shine Recovery Fund Application Form
Please read the Shine Recovery Fund Privacy Statement.
Applications close 5pm, Thursday 27th May 2021